The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is proud to host the 2017 Annual Meeting—the world’s largest meeting of orthopaedic surgeons, researchers and allied health professionals—March 14—18 at the San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Drive, in San Diego.
Our 2017 media program offers the latest information on orthopaedic treatments, advancements and research breakthroughs.
For the latest news and photos, click on the tabs on the home page of this electronic press kit:
- Research News
- Awards & Special Announcements
- Multi-media Gallery (pictures from the 2017 Annual Meeting and related events/announcements, updated daily)
- Specialty Day news highlights (Saturday, March 18)
- Can’t attend a symposia? View the presentations online.
- On a smartphone? Access Annual Meeting schedules, symposiums, handouts and other important information on the My Academy mobile app (login codes for the app available, by request, in the AAOS Press Room in San Diego).
- Looking for a patient story to enhance your copy? Visit org and search by condition or injury: ANationInMotion.org.
Press Room quick facts
- Tuesday, March 14 through Friday, March 17 — 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18 — 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Room 24B of the San Diego Convention Center.
- Phone number: 619-525-6279
Amenities for registered media:
- Access to two roundtable discussion media events on Wednesday, March 15 (Room 23C; sign-up in Press Room, or in advance by emailing email@example.com):
- 12:45 p.m.—“The opioid epidemic: How did we get here and what are orthopaedic surgeons doing to promote safer pain management?”
- 2 p.m.—“From volume to value: CJR, bundled payments, and Medicare reimbursement in the new administration—How will ongoing changes impact orthopaedic practice and patient care?”
- Limited wireless Internet access inside the Press Room.
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, March 14 through Friday, March 17.
- Coffee, tea, and pastries on Saturday, March 18.
- Access to the Media Interview Room 23C (sign-up sheet in Press Room, or in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Follow the Academy on Twitter @AAOS1