Welcome to the 2017 AAOS Annual Meeting
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is proud to host the 2017 Annual Meeting – the world’s largest meeting of orthopaedic surgeons, researchers and allied health professionals – March 14 –18 at the San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Drive, in San Diego.
Our 2017 media program offers the latest information on orthopaedic treatments, advancements and research breakthroughs.
For the latest news and photos, click on the tabs above:
- Research News
- Awards & Special Announcements
- Multi-media Gallery (pictures from the 2017 Annual Meeting and related events/announcements, updated daily)
- Specialty Day news highlights (Saturday, Mar. 18)
Please pick up your press badge when you arrive at the San Diego Convention Center
- Can’t attend a symposia? View the presentations online.
- On a smartphone? Access Annual Meeting schedules, symposiums, handouts and other important information on the My Academy mobile app (login codes for the app available, by request, in the AAOS Press Room in San Diego).
- Looking for a patient story to enhance your copy? Visit ANationinMotion.org and search by condition or injury.
Click on + sign for more info.
Clinical Research News
Nearly one-third of osteoarthritis-related costs incurred the year prior to knee replacement surgery are for non-recommended treatments
Pre-surgical costs could decrease 30 percent if only recommended treatments prescribed